The Gauthier Law Group, LLC provides legal services to dentists at every stage of their careers, from starting a new practice to selling an established one, including legal services required in connection with all of the following:

Dental Business Creation & Dental Transitions

  • Creating a legal entity for a new dental practice;
  • Articles of Incorporation;
  • Articles of Organization;
  • Bylaws, Operating Agreements and Partnership Agreements;
  • Buying a dental practice;
  • Selling or transferring your rights in a dental practice; and
  • Dissolving a dental practice.

Dental Laws and Regulations

  • The Wisconsin Dental Practice Act;
  • The Illinois Dental Practice Act;
  • The Wisconsin Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP);
  • Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
  • Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH);
  • Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA);
  • Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA); and
  • Municipal Zoning Codes.

Dental Business Contracts

  • Buy-Sell Agreements;
  • Contracts with Insurance Plans;
  • Dental Associate Agreements;
  • Dental Laboratory Agreements;
  • Sales Contracts with Merchandise Manufacturers and Suppliers;
  • Third-Party Dental Service Agreements;
  • Web Site Development Agreements; and
  • General business contracts.

Dental Financing

  • Financing for dental practice purchases;
  • Real estate acquisition financing;
  • Leasehold improvements financing;
  • Equipment financing;
  • Land contract financing;
  • SBA loans;
  • Letters of credit, and
  • Lines of credit.

Dental Real Estate

  • Leasing office space, either as a landlord or as a tenant;
  • Buying or selling land and/or a building;
  • Obtaining an option to purchase land or a building;
  • Constructing a new building;
  • Contracting for architectural, construction and/or design services;
  • Obtaining zoning and land use approvals;
  • Reviewing reports on the environmental condition of a property;
  • Reviewing survey and title for a property;
  • Granting and obtaining easements; and
  • Completing like-kind exchanges.